Why Seeing One Cockroach In Your Las Vegas Home Is Bad News
May 15, 2022
You're sitting on your couch, watching your favorite show when you see it—a cockroach scurrying across the floor. Immediately, your heart starts racing, and you feel a sense of panic wash over you. How many are there? What if they start breeding? Cockroaches can be tough to get rid of and can quickly overrun your home if left untreated. It's so important to contact a Las Vegas pest control exterminator as soon as you notice one in your home.
If You See One There's More
One cockroach is one too many. Just because you only see one doesn't mean there aren't more hiding somewhere in your home. The problem is that signs of cockroaches in your home aren't always easy to spot.
Most people only see them when there's already a significant cockroach infestation. However, there are common signs that you may have a cockroach problem.
- Droppings Or Egg Cases: Cockroach droppings are cylindrical and often compared to coffee grounds or black pepper. They're usually found along the edges of walls, near baseboards, in corners, under appliances, and in cabinets
- A Musty Odor: Cockroaches produce an unpleasant, musty smell when they're present in large numbers
- Sighting A Live Cockroach: The best way to know if you have a cockroach infestation is to spot one physically. If you see one during the day, that means there are more in hiding
- Dead Cockroaches: Cockroaches are resilient and can live without food or water for weeks. This makes it difficult to know if a cockroach infestation is present. If you find dead cockroaches, it likely means there's a large population hiding somewhere in your home.
If you find a cockroach in your house, don't panic. Contact pest control for the best way to kill cockroaches. They can help you identify the source of your cockroach infestation and eliminate it at its root.
Cockroaches Don't Like The Daytime
Cockroaches are nocturnal and prefer to stay hidden during the day. This is why signs of cockroaches in your home aren't always easy to spot. Indeed, unlike other pests like ants, you're not likely to see them during the daytime. However, there are some familiar places where you're most likely to see them during the day. This includes:
- Near food sources around the stove and dishwasher
- In the bathroom near a toilet, sink, or shower
- Near a pet's feeding dish
If you find cockroaches during the day, it means it's likely there is more hiding somewhere in your home. Contact a pest control company for assistance if you're looking for the best way to kill cockroaches. They know the best cockroach control products and methods to get rid of them for good.
Why Cockroaches Are In Your Home
If you find a cockroach in your house, it's essential to understand why they're there in the first place.
Cockroaches come into your home for a variety of reasons, including:
- Ease Of Access: Cockroaches are likely to invade your home if it's easy for them to get inside. This includes homes with cracks in the exterior, openings around doors and windows, or poorly sealed homes.
- Poor Sanitation: Roaches are attracted to food and water sources. If you have a lot of food and water in your home, it can draw cockroaches to invade.
- Moist Environments: Cockroaches need humidity to survive. They're more likely to invade humid areas of your home, such as the kitchen or bathroom.
- Warmth: Cockroaches are cold-blooded and prefer warm temperatures. They're more likely to invade your home if it's hot outside.
If you find a cockroach in your house, it's crucial to identify the root of the problem. Contact a pest control company for assistance.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Cockroaches
Despite the countless DIY cockroach control products, your best shot at getting rid of cockroaches is to contact a pest control company. At Pest Control Solutions Inc, we have the knowledge and experience to eliminate hidden cockroaches for good. Contact us today for a free inspection and get started on our effective home pest control services.