Five Sure Signs Your Las Vegas Property Has A Termite Problem
December 31, 2020
You may have termites living in your Las Vegas home if you notice any of these five signs:
- Tight-fitting doors and windows
- Soft clicking noises emanating from the walls
- Frass (finely shredded wood piles)
- Winged swarmers, also known as alates, inside buildings
- Mud tunnels forming along the sides or walls of the home
If your home exhibits even one of the above signs, immediately reach out to Pest Control Solutions for residential termite control right away.
What To Do When You Don’t Have A Termite Infestation: Prevention!
They are certainly dangerous to have about the house, but termites are not an inevitability in your Las Vegas home. In fact, some people may never even experience a termite infestation when using the right prevention.
If your home is currently not showing any signs of termite infestation, there are some prevention measures that should be enacted right away:
- Mitigate moisture levels within the building. Dehumidifiers are excellent for humid spaces such as bathrooms, kitchens, crawlspaces, and basements. Desiccant bags are another great choice for rooms that may be slightly smaller, such as closets and laundry rooms.
- Most termites require soil to wood contact in order to build their mud tunnels into a home. Remove what wood you can by stacking firewood away from the sides of the home, and removing mulch piles from landscapes near the house. Peat stone and river rock are excellent substitutes for mulched beds.
- Remove access to any clear entry points around the home. This includes spacing under doors, gaps in windows and crevices forming in the foundations of the home.
Should you feel your current prevention levels are no longer adequate for your property, you are not alone. Get a complimentary inspection and answers to all your questions from a team member at Pest Control Solutions now.
Prevent, Prepare, And Protect What You Love From Termites With Pest Control Solutions Inc.
Costing more than just money and time, a runaway termite infestation is enough to strike fear into the heart of any Las Vegas homeowner. Termites take a toll on every aspect of life, from your wallet and household property to your physical and mental stress levels. If an infestation has not yet arisen in your home or commercial business, swift prevention should be the first line on your to-do list.
If you do see signs of termite activity in your Las Vegas home, the first step will be not to panic. Although the situation may be serious, it is by no means too dire to treat. Don’t waste time and money on DIY solutions, over-the-counter treatments, or dangerous methods of termite control. Instead, call the pros at Pest Control Solutions right away. Our company has a rich legacy of over 25 years in the termite elimination business, proudly protecting Las Vegas homes since the mid-1990s. We offer a three-step approach to termite treatments, beginning with thorough inspections, resulting in customized treatment plans, and ending with comprehensive follow-up visits that mitigate termite risks.
To see how a customized home pest control termite plan could best serve your household, contact the team at Pest Control Solutions right away. We're ready to take your questions over the phone, through an online contact form, or in-person during our initial home inspection. Don’t allow termites to control your future. Lay down the law with the friendly professionals at Pest Control Solutions now!