Having a pest problem is nerve-racking enough. But when you need to find an exterminator for the first time, your nerves may get tested even more. If you do not know the right questions to ask or what the pest control company may ask you, the feeling of intimidation or confusion is not uncommon.
Questions from the Pest Control Company
When you call a pest control company, they will need some basic information. This information may include:
- Reason for the call - Why are you calling and what do you see?
- Is there a particular part of the house where you notice the activity?
- Do you live near woods or water sources?
- Are there children or pets living in the house?
- Do you have a crawl space or basement?
- Does your home have an attic or second floor?
Your answers to these questions help the pest control company estimate the amount of time the exterminator may need to investigate your pest problem. If there are more possibilities for entry points, the exterminator will require more time for inspection.
Ability to Answer all Your Questions
As you are discussing your pest problem, make sure that the pest company answers all your questions on the treatment, inspection, and any pretreatment requirements. Some of your questions should include:
- Is the treatment safe for pets and children?
- Do you need to keep pets and children out of the house for a specific amount of time?
- Do you need to move any furniture away from walls for the inspection?
- How long will the inspection take?
- How long does treatment last?
- Are additional treatments necessary?
Punctual and Professional
On the day of your appointment, you will want to make sure that your exterminator is punctual for your appointment. The pest control employee must be in uniform and professionally dressed. The exterminator should have his identification card visible. Do not let any worker into your home if they are not in uniform or they do not have an ID card. You need to call the company immediately if this occurs....