The Secret To Getting Rid Of Roaches In Your Las Vegas Home
December 30, 2021
Cockroaches are a common household nuisance that many Las Vegas homeowners encounter. Long associated with grime, dirt, and filth, cockroaches are more than just a gross bug; they are dangerous and spread disease. Pest Control Solutions Inc. serves Las Vegas, Nevada, and the surrounding areas, and we want to help you keep cockroaches out of your home.
Dangers Of Cockroaches
Cockroaches are dangerous pests and can spread very serious diseases to humans. The diseases cockroaches carry include cholera, dysentery, E. coli infection, gastroenteritis, giardia, listeriosis, poliomyelitis, salmonellosis, as well as parasitic worms. Cockroaches can also trigger asthma and allergies in some people. They will pick up diseases and contaminate food after hanging out in areas that are warm, dark, and moist, such as sewers, basements, trash cans, decaying wood, sinks, under appliances, even in drawers and cabinets. They especially like cardboard and often hide in it. Cockroaches find their way into homes through drains, sewers, and other small openings. They will also come in undetected on clothing bags, luggage, and boxes.
What To Know About Cockroaches
Cockroaches are quite sturdy. They can tolerate extreme heat and cold and can live for several days without a head. Cockroaches are fast-moving at up to three miles per hour, and can survive for one week without water and up to a month without food. They can also survive over 40 minutes underwater.
Types Of Cockroaches
There are over 4,000 species of cockroach. In Las Vegas, there are three commonly found species of roach:
- American cockroaches – American cockroaches are brown to reddish-brown, with a yellow figure eight on the back of the head. They are oval-shaped with six legs and two antennae, and are the largest of the cockroach species found in homes.
- German cockroaches – The German cockroach is the most common species of cockroach in Las Vegas and worldwide. This roach can range from tan to a light brown color, with parallel dark stripes on their backsides.
- Oriental cockroaches – Oriental cockroaches are small, dark black, and shiny. They can be mistaken for beetles and are often referred to as "water bugs."
Getting Rid Of Cockroaches
It can be very hard to get rid of a cockroach infestation on your own. Cockroaches hide well and can survive in extreme conditions for a long time, and can also start to develop a high tolerance for pesticides. Calling a professional pest control team to inspect your home and identify roaches is the best thing to do to get rid of a cockroach infestation. Contact Pest Control Solutions Inc. for your total cockroach treatment and prevention needs.
Cockroach Prevention Tips
If possible, always try to prevent a cockroach infestation. There are several ways to do so. Follow these tips from Pest Control Solutions Inc. to prevent cockroaches from setting up camp in your Las Vegas home:
- Inspect your home regularly for roaches and possible entry points.
- Seal and fill in small holes and cracks near doors and windows.
- Keep food storage and preparation areas clean and sanitary.
- Clean up crumbs and food scraps inside and out.
- Keep food in sealed, airtight containers.
- Look out for and dry out areas that collect moisture.
- Clean out clutter, especially large amounts of cardboard.
- Clear out yard debris.
Call The Professionals At Pest Control Solutions Inc. For Total Cockroach Control
Cockroaches are never a good sign and should be taken seriously. Even just one roach can mean an infestation is brewing. Do not put your family and home at risk of a cockroach infestation. Proactive pest control can go a long way, and Pest Control Solutions Inc. can help you prevent a cockroach problem before it ever starts. If you suspect a cockroach infestation, contact our professional team today. We can work with you to keep these dangerous pests at bay. We serve Las Vegas and the surrounding areas with residential pest control, commercial pest control, and emergency pest control solutions.