The Key To Total Ant Control For Las Vegas Homes
Ants might be tiny, but they can wreak havoc in many ways, from damaging food supply to transmitting diseases. And don't forget the dangers that species like fire ants and other aggressive ants can pose. If ants have taken over your home, it is time to learn about the different types of ants that commonly invade Las Vegas homes, get educated on the many problems an ant infestation can create, and discover six no-nonsense ant prevention tips for around the house. If you are struggling with an ant infestation, Pest Control Solutions Inc provides pest control in Las Vegas you can rely on to prevent and eliminate it for good.
Types Of Ants That Commonly Invade Las Vegas Homes
There are many different types of ants in Nevada and the Las Vegas area. Some of the most common ones include:
- Fire ants: Most common in the summer, fire ants are an aggressive species that can inflict painful and potentially deadly stings.
- Black ants: While black ants are not generally considered dangerous to humans, they are attracted to food supplies and can contaminate them quickly, rendering them no longer suitable for consumption.
- Carpenter ants: Carpenter ants are known for chewing through the wooden structures of homes to create galleries, potentially causing structural defects and significant damage, and requiring specific carpenter ant pest control methods.
- Ghost ants: Ghost ants, as their name indicates, have body parts that are lighter in color than the rest, usually the abdomen and legs. They can bite humans and contaminate your food.
Ants are small but destructive pests that can cause many problems that become increasingly concerning as the colony grows into a large infestation.
The Many Problems Ant Infestations Can Create In A Home
There are many problems ant infestations can create in a home. For instance, many of them are attracted to food, and they will be quick to invade any containers that aren’t properly sealed or stored. Not only will they take over the food, but they can also contaminate it with dangerous pathogens like salmonella, staphylococcus, and streptococcus. Additionally, some of them will chew through wood to create galleries in which to lay eggs, which can cause damage to your home. And finally, many ants are aggressive and can cause painful stings and bites that can necessitate medical treatments, especially if they lead to allergic reactions, including anaphylactic shock.
Six No-Nonsense Ant Prevention Tips For Around The House
If you are struggling with ants in your home, the following six no-nonsense ant prevention tips can help you keep them at bay:
- Keep your home as clean as possible: Ants are often attracted to food, and keeping your kitchen and dining areas clean can help deter them.
- Fix leaks and remove sources of standing water: Ants, like many animals, need water to survive. If you have leaks in your home, now is the time to fix them. You might also want to remove anything that can collect water in your yard, like buckets, tires, and more.
- Don’t forget pet food and water bowls: Ants are not just attracted to human food. If you have pets, consider feeding them at specific times only, and regularly cleaning their bowls.
- Fix cracks in your home: Ants are tiny and can come in through very small cracks in walls and foundations. Fixing them can prevent them from coming in.
- Consider mesh screens and door sweeps: For entry points that cannot be sealed off, fine-mesh screens and door sweeps can create obstacles that make it harder for ants to come in.
- Consult with a pest control professional: Licensed professionals like the ones at Pest Control Solutions Inc can help you determine why you are dealing with an ant problem, and can recommend prevention methods and treatments to eliminate it.
Ants can be difficult to eliminate, but you don’t have to deal with them on your own. Contact us today for a home inspection and find out your options for effective ant control that fits your needs.
The Secret Weapon To Total Ant Control For Las Vegas Homes
The secret weapon to total ant pest control for Las Vegas homes is a regular inspection performed by professionals who can tackle the infestation at its source. Our team of experts proudly provides ant control in Las Vegas with innovative solutions including ant control products safe for pets, and emergency services.
Ants can transmit potentially dangerous diseases in addition to being destructive and potentially aggressive. Do not let your infestation grow any further, and let our team of experts exterminate it safely and effectively.