The Secret To Keeping Ants Away From Your Las Vegas Home
Although ants aren't exactly the worst insect you could possibly find crawling around in your Las Vegas home, that doesn't mean they're remotely welcome, especially not when their numbers start to grow beyond your point of comfort. There are several different species in our area that are known to infest homes or the land surrounding them, and they each come with their own sets of signs and concerns. If you suspect you're dealing with an ant infestation, or if you just want to make sure you never do, you've come to the right place. Here we'll tell you everything you need to know about the ubiquitous insects, including the key to successfully preventing them from entering your home.
The Types Of Ants That Invade Las Vegas Homes
In order to treat any pest problem, it's important to first know precisely what it is you're up against. With so many different species and how many problems they can cause, it's no wonder most homeowners never take the time to learn the differences between them all. However, in order to identify the specific source of an infestation, you have to be able to identify the species. Here are a few of the most common ants in our area and how to differentiate them:
- Carpenter ants: Perhaps the most problematic variety to be found, these ants are typically an inch long with black exoskeletons. They are considered so dangerous because of their tendency to chew through wood, causing structural damage to homes.
- Fire ants: Fire ants are another infamous foe for any outdoors enthusiast. These tiny red ants are about 1/16 of an inch long, yet pack a comparatively painful bite.
- Pavement ants: Aptly named after their affinity for sidewalks, roads, and home foundations.
- Pharaoh ants: These pests are about 1/6 of an inch long, and are commonly found infesting food stocks or areas of increased moisture.
Why Ants Invade Las Vegas Homes
Essentially, ants of any species are looking for the exact same things humans often have in abundance. If your basic needs are fulfilled, chances are the ants will find everything they need in your home and much, much more. Their ceaseless search for food and shelter brings them to your yard, and if a colony grows large enough out there, they can start moving inside for even greater gains at your expense.
The Most Effective Way To Get Rid Of Ants In Your Las Vegas Home
If you don't want these irritating insects helping themselves to your hard-earned food and shelter, there are plenty of ways to prevent them from doing so, but few reliable ways of getting rid of them once they've already established themselves. Ants are extremely efficient, opportunistic, and prolific little creatures. Once they've found a good thing, they won't be letting go without a fight. That's why the best way to get rid of ants is to partner with a professional. The local pest control experts at Pest Control Solutions Inc. have got you covered. We'll take the time to tailor a treatment plan entirely unique to your household's specific needs, cutting no corners to ensure complete protection for you, your family, and your property. Reach out now and let us take care of this problem, and we'll offer you ongoing guidance for any future infestations that may arise.
Natural Ant Prevention Tips
To make sure the ants don't come back, follow these proven steps:
- Keep your property clean and clutter-free.
- Ensure all food storage and garbage disposal uses tight-fitting lids.
- Fix leaks, cracks, remove mulch, and reduce any other sources of attraction.
- Partner with a professional pest control company.
If you're battling an ant infestation or are looking to effectively prevent one, Pest Control Solutions Inc. can help. Contact us today for more information on our ant control services.