What To Do About Rats On Your Las Vegas Property
Because they are aggressive vectors of diseases, rats are one of the most important pests to control in your home. If you’ve seen one or more of these unhygienic rodents on your property, now is the time to learn the habits and behaviors of common rats, understand why rats around your home can be dangerous, discover how to remove factors that could be attracting them to your home, and get educated on what the best thing to kill rats is. If you are struggling with a rat infestation, Pest Control Solutions Inc provides pest control in Las Vegas you can rely on to eliminate these dangerous invaders safely.
Habits And Behaviors Of Common Rats
One way you can tell if you have rats in your home is by recognizing their habits and behaviors. For example:
- Rats gnaw on furniture and other items. To keep their teeth at a reasonable length, rats will gnaw on various things around your home. If you find bite marks on furniture, books, or even baseboards, you might have a rat problem.
- Rats leave droppings in certain areas only. If you have an infestation, you will find rat droppings, which look like large, brown, tapered grains of rice in specific spots and in fairly large numbers, rather than equally throughout the house.
- Rats will scratch behind walls. If you hear scratching noises behind baseboards, you likely have rats inside the walls, although they could also be due to a mouse infestation.
- Rats are mostly active at night. It is unusual to see a rat during the day unless there is an abundant food supply available, or if they’ve grown to be bolder and more aggressive. Most rat activity will happen after the house has gotten quieter.
Rats in Las Vegas are creatures of habit who will settle into your home and start wreaking havoc as they cause property destruction and invade your food supply. But beyond that, they can also be very dangerous.
Why Rats Around Your Home Can Be Dangerous
Rats can be dangerous because they are vectors of dangerous diseases such as salmonellosis, the plague, rat-bite fever, Weil's disease, and more. While a lot of diseases rats carry are transmitted through their feces and urine, you can also contract several simply by breathing infected air. They can also transmit them through scratching or biting people, and because rats are more aggressive than many other pests, rat bites are not uncommon and can cause severe side effects. If you have been bitten or attacked by a wild rat, it is important to seek out medical care as soon as possible. If you have rats in your home, don’t wait until someone gets injured; start removing factors that attract rats to your home as soon as possible.
How To Remove Factors That Attract Rats To Your Home
In order to remove factors that attract rats to your home, consider doing the following:
- Remove food sources in your home. In order to keep rats away, it is crucial that you cut off their food supply, which means cleaning up soon after cooking and eating and sanitizing surfaces regularly.
- Seal off cracks and existing rat holes. If you’ve struggled with a rat infestation before, you will want to find the previous rats' entry points and seal them off. The same goes for cracks in your walls and foundation.
- Treat neighboring infestations. If you live in an apartment building or if your neighbors have rat problems, it is important they also seek help from a professional pest control company.
There are many factors that could be attracting rats to your house. If you are struggling with an infestation, a pest control company with expertise in rodent issues can help you get rid of rats safely.
The Safe And Effective Way To Get Rid Of Rats
The best way to get rid of rats on your property is to have it professionally inspected regularly, and use treatments when needed. At Pest Control Solutions Inc, we service the Las Vegas area with the most effective rodent control methods available to keep you and your family safe. Contact us today for a quote and to schedule a home inspection, and let our licensed technicians get rid of your rat problem for good. Home remedies to get rid of rats can be unsafe if used incorrectly, and are often ineffective, causing infestations to grow bigger quickly.
If rats are taking over your property, it is time to learn about the common rats in the Las Vegas area and what you can do to prevent them. Left untreated, an infestation will grow exponentially and can cause anything from allergies to serious illnesses.