Are Wolf Spiders Dangerous In Las Vegas?
How Do You Identify A Wolf Spider In Las Vegas?
There are many different kinds of spiders native to Las Vegas, so how do you know which ones are dangerous to have around and which ones look scarier than they are? Of all the different kinds of spiders, wolf spiders look more frightening than they are. Wolf spiders are usually dark brown, often with yellow striped markings on their bodies and legs.
The female wolf spiders grow almost an inch and a half long, while the male wolf spiders are much smaller at around ¾ inch in size. Wolf spiders are large and hairy and can chase after their prey at a high rate of speed, making them feel like a more significant threat to humans than they actually are. Read on to find out and learn when you should contact Pest Control Solutions for pest control in Las Vegas.
Why Are Wolf Spiders Attracted To My Las Vegas Home?
If you have spiders in your house, there are usually existing factors that attract them to your home. Start in your yard and see what factors could be inviting spiders to your property. Is your grass in need of a trim? Do you have standing water or moisture issues? Do you have other bug issues that have not been addressed? Wolf spiders hide during the day and come out at night to hunt for prey.
Once they are out and about, they will search for food and water and a safe place to hide. If you have any of these existing conditions, you could be inviting wolf spiders into your yard and, eventually, into your home. Having spiders in your house is one pest problem Las Vegas homeowners should try to avoid. The best way to keep your home spider-free is by contacting Pest Control Solutions.
How Dangerous Are Wolf Spiders In Las Vegas?
While wolf spiders look dangerous in appearance, they are more of a nuisance pest to have around than an actual danger. Wolf spiders have a venomous bite; however, they only bite when they are being handled or feel attacked. Regardless of how dangerous they are, no one wants to come face-to-face with a wolf spider in their home.
Follow these simple tips to keep your home free of wolf spiders:
- Inspect your yard for moisture issues and address them immediately.
- Pay close attention to other bug infestations that could be attracting wolf spiders to your home and address them as needed.
- Inspect the exterior of your home for areas where wolf spiders could easily get inside. Seal up cracks in your foundation with silicone caulking and install caps on vents and chimneys.
- Install weather stripping on doors and windows to ensure a proper seal.
- Replace worn and torn screens.
- Consider changing outdoor lighting to keep bugs and spiders away from your exterior doors.
- Contact Pest Control Solutions for more tips on wolf spider removal.
How Do You Treat A Wolf Spider Infestation In Las Vegas?
The best way to treat a wolf spider infestation in Las Vegas is by contacting the residential pest control professionals at Pest Control Solutions. At Pest Control Solutions, we understand pests local to Las Vegas and treat each infestation best. Contact us today to set up your first visit and let us eliminate your spider worries for good.