The Best Way To Keep Spiders Out Of Your Las Vegas Home
One of the most commonly feared creepy crawlies, spiders are among the top pests homeowners wish to get rid of, especially if they are a dangerous species. If you have spotted unwanted spiders in your home, read on to learn the characteristics of common spiders, discover six easy and effective spider prevention tips, and get educated on the best spider control strategy. If spiders have taken over your home, Pest Control Solutions Inc provides pest control in Las Vegas you can rely on.
Characteristics Of Common Spiders
Common spiders are generally easy to identify because they have the following characteristics:
- Spiders have two main body regions, called the cephalothorax and the abdomen.
- Spiders have eight legs, unlike insects which only have six.
- They have specialized mouthparts called chelicerae and pedipalps.
- Spiders do not have wings.
- Spiders do not have antennae.
Aside from these common characteristics, spiders can be very small or over three inches in length, and can be harmless or inflict a life-threatening bite.
Some Spiders Are More Dangerous Than Others
Almost all spiders possess venom, but most are unable to harm humans. Some are harmless (although they can be invasive), some will bite but without venom that affects humans, and some can be downright life-threatening. Here are some of the most common types of spiders you might encounter in the Las Vegas area:
- Dangerous spiders: Black widow spiders, which have a red hourglass shape under the abdomen, and brown recluse spiders, which have a violin-shaped marking, are the ones you want to avoid at all costs.
- Spiders that will attack if threatened: Wolf spiders, which are generally gray and brown and have eyes that glow in the dark, will not hesitate to attack if they feel cornered. The black house spider will also bite.
- Nuisance but harmless spiders: Common house spiders and hobo spiders can be found in the area and very rarely bite, but they might take over your home with their webs.
Whether or not spiders are dangerous is irrelevant if you do not want them in your home at all. Knowing the different spider prevention methods can go a long way in keeping your home spider-free.
Six Easy And Effective Spider Prevention Tips
Preventing spiders from establishing themselves in your home should be a priority if your home has been infested before. Here are six easy and effective spider prevention tips:
- Seal cracks in your foundations and in the structure of your home to limit access.
- Clear brushes, debris, wood piles, and other structures which can serve as homes for spiders. Having a lot of spiders in your yard often means some will make their way inside.
- Clean garbage cans, kitchens, and dining areas regularly to prevent other pests that spiders prey on.
- Regularly clean and dust your home, and be sure to remove spider webs as you see them.
- Consider installing fine-mesh screens on windows and doors, as well as door sweeps, to make it harder for spiders to come inside.
- Treat your home for the various insects which spiders prey on. Without easy access to food, spiders are less likely to establish themselves in your homes.
Sometimes, trying to get rid of spiders naturally is not enough. If you are not able to get rid of your infestation quickly, remember that professional pest control treatments make for the best spider control.
Quality Pest Control Makes The Best Spider Control
When it comes to the best way to get rid of spiders, nothing beats a professional pest control company. Our licensed experts at Pest Control Solutions Inc can conduct a thorough inspection of your home to show you how you can keep spiders out while also exterminating your current infestation. Soon, your spider problem will be a thing of the past.
Do not let spiders take over your home and leave you worried about bites and other problems. Contact us today for the most effective spider control methods and treatments in the Las Vegas area to get rid of spiders for good.